Sunday, February 1, 2015

Toffee Coffee Cake Surprise


OK, this is going to be a quickie since it's very late and I need to get this posted- now! I wasn't sure I was going to have the time today to make this cake but I somehow squeezed it in and boy was it ever worth it! Excuse the very poor quality photos-  night time here already so lighting is an issue.

A perfect coffee cake with a  luscious band of all that is good running through the middle-namely a combination of toffee bits ( I actually made my own- nothing like it in this world!) chopped, roasted almonds and a bit of the actual dough mix.





basically a homemade heath bar- but better!
see that amazing band of  deliciousness ( is that a word?)


A little bit of a fussy recipe, especially if you make your own toffee ( but you only use a small amount of the batch so there's ALL that leftover  that you can't leave just sitting around), but definitely a go to cake for any occasion.

You can get the recipe here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! That toffee filling really is "all that is good". I wish I would have had time to make my own. And yes-- 'deliciousness' is a word! At least in our baking world it is... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you made your own toffee! I'll have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deliciousness is absolutely a word! And perfect for this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely worth it to make the toffee! Great looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! Love all that caramel taste.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!