Sunday, November 23, 2014

Campfire Cookies




Girl Scout camp, outdoors, bonfires- all a reminder of times long past, but the taste of the famed s'mores remains forever in my memory ( or in my mouth , for that matter!)
Graham crackers ( which, by the way are very difficult to find here, and if you're successful, then they cost half a monthly salary), half a bar of chocolate and gooey marshmallows, all wrapped in tinfoil and roasted over an open fire. How can you go wrong?

These cookies have all those ingredients and don't disappoint. I went for the whole deal and made homemade marshmallows. Once you taste a homemade marshmallow, it's hard to go back to the store-bought stuff. No comparison- not even close! Given that, using store-bought marshmallows in this recipe would be just fine.

Since graham crackers are so hard to come by, I substitute Biscoff cookies in almost every recipe that calls for them. They add a different taste to the results but just as good if not better. A definite cinnamon flavor, gooey marshmallows that sometimes make for a not so pretty cookie, and yummy melting chocolate chips. They are very sweet and I might cut back on a bit of sugar next time- oh yes, there WILL be a next time! If any one wants to send me a package or two of graham crackers.............


You can find the recipe here at Baked Sunday Mornings. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I bet they would be delicious with biscoff cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG BISCOFF! Genius! Definitely going to have to try that - sounds SO GOOD! I bet they would be tasty with digestive biscuits as well. Your cookies look lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscoff!! OMG! That would be amazing. Your cookies look great. Now I totally want to try this with biscoff cookies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm impressed that you made homemade marshmallows, too! We really liked these, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!