Sunday, November 10, 2013

Good Morning Sunshine Bars


Good Morning Sunshine Bars- if your morning sun is not shining, then these will certainly remedy that situation. If you're feeling sluggish- these will definitely get you up and going. 
But they should come with a warning- HAZARD- ADDICTIVE !


The taste reminds me of a snickers bar but with a crunchy texture, thanks to the cereal.  These are easy to make, no baking involved. Just heating the corn syrup, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and a touch of salt, so that's one pot. Mix the cereal and peanuts in a large bowl(that's two) pour the heated mixture over them and stir, transfer to an oblong baking dish(that makes three) and drizzle chocolate on top. That's three bowls/pots/pans I counted- not a bad clean-up.
Depending on the size baking dish you use, they can be thicker or thinner. I used a 9x13 dish and they came out fairly thick. I might try a larger pan next time to have them spread out thinner.  Either way, they are really, really good! Really!

 You can find the recipe here, at Baked Sunday Mornings. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. You are right....they do taste like a Snickers bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I love the combination of peanut butter and corn syrup. I used to mix the two together and have it on toast, when I was a kid. (the smell of it takes me back to childhood)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pics, Yael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do taste like Snicker's! I love your first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are totally addictive...I couldn't stop eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pictures, especially the first one! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos, Yael! What kind of chocolate did you use? I'm always curious-- it doesn't look like Elite this time. ;-) Beautiful job-- the bars look delicious. I am totally still craving these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!