Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New Look

I'm playing around with some new looks for my blog. Bear with me while I try out new templates and arrangements. Feel free to make any comments- good , bad or indifferent- your input is valued!
In the meantime, a delicious Oriental Ramen Noodle Salad for hot summer days.
Sorry, no picture, but believe me, it's worth it.



Oriental Ramen Noodle Salad

1 pkg. ramen noodles whatever flavor you want- break them up and put on a baking sheet and toast them for 5- 10 min. watch them so they don’t burn. You can do this in advance. I also toast the sunflower seeds and almonds with them
½ cup sunflower seeds
¾ cup sliced thin almonds
2-3 green onions
½ green pepper, ½ red pepper
½- 1 head of cabbage- chopped like cold slaw in thin slices

Dressing
½ cup sugar- I use a LOT less, more like ¼ cup
1/3 cup vinegar (I use regular, not wine, but I suppose you could, white would be better than red)
½ cup canola oil
seasoning pack from the noodles
Mix and shake all together.
Put cabbage in a serving bowl, add toasted noodles, nuts, seeds and veggies to slaw, add dressing and toss well.
Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!