Saturday, March 2, 2013

Honey Banana Poppy Seed Bread(?) Loaf(?) Cake(?)




Saturday morning, March 2nd- an amazingly gorgeous day! The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky. Warm enough to walk outside with short sleeves, but still with that pleasant coolness in the air. A perfect day for what ever you want to do! I just returned from a long walk feeling energized and refreshed.Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera with me to show you how beautiful a day it is but you can probably imagine. Every time I get lazy about taking my walk ( I try to comply at least 3 times a week), I need to think about how good I feel after. It is definitely worth it.
  

This week , Baked Sunday Mornings is making this lovely, refreshing honey banana poppy seed loaf. As usual, I changed the pan it was baked it. Instead of making a loaf, I used this mini bundt pan that has been sitting in the cupboard, crying out to be used more often. The recipe is ridiculously easy and for those of you who either don't have a mixer or hate taking it out, this one is for you. All done by hand, comes together in a few minutes and poof! , you have something to serve guests or munch on by yourself! I had some leftover mixture and made a few muffins as well. Sprinkled with a little powdered sugar, they are are a perfect individual portion for afternoon tea, breakfast, midnight snack.........whenever!
You can get the recipe here.
Hope your Saturday is as lovely as mine!    



7 comments:

  1. Too cute! I would eat them all by myself... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!!! They look so good in a mini bundt size. Great job!
    It really was a good bread/loaf/cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look stunning! Great job Yael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yael, I LOVE your mini Bundts! I like changing up the pan/shape as well, and that didn't even occur to me this week-- what a great idea, they're gorgeous! :)

    And yes, I can only imagine what a beautiful day it is in March in Israel-- perfect weather as summer gets closer... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mini bundts are too cute! They're the perfect size for a quick snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Yael! You turned a simple bread into an elegant snack. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since everyone here lives the individual sizes I should have done like you and made them all small and also cute. Very creative and lovely baking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!