Monday, June 18, 2012

Crazy Delicious Snack Mix

This is so crazy delicious, I decided to call it exactly that- crazy delicious snack mix.
This is my version of a recipe I found by Christina Tosi of the famed Momofuku Milk Bar.  I've never been there, but it's on  my list of places to go in New York. Also can't wait to buy the book!I found it here and knew immediately that I had to try it. I didn't have all the exact ingredients so I played around and this is what I came up with.

Crazy Delicious Snack Mix (adapted from Christina Tosi's snack mix recipe)

2 cups coarsely broken mini pretzels (I had one cup and they were the flat pretzels)
1/4 cup light brown sugar  
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup dry milk powder  ( I used Carnation Malted Milk powder, since that's what I had- adds a great smell and taste!)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
12 ounces mini chocolate candy bars, such as Reese's, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces( I used local mini chocolate bars similar to Kit Kats etc. Anything you like would be fine) ( Also used less than 12 ozs. but it's your choice)
I also added the following:
1/2 cup or so of pecans
1/2 cup or so of almonds- unsalted 
a batch of air popped popcorn ( the added butter while it's in the oven is plenty)


Preheat the oven to 275°. In a bowl, combine the pretzels, popped popcorn and nuts with the sugars, milk powder and butter. Spread the mixture on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 (I gave it an extra 10 ) minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned. Let cool completely. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the candy. 
Irresistible!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!